Dear Tom,

the contrast looks actually fine to me. But you wrote the following:

> Then I entered the subjects scans using the order: G1T1 G1T2 (conditions:
> 1 1; 1 2), followed by G2T1 G2T2 (conditions: 1 1; 2 2).

The second bracket should be (conditions: 2 1; 2 2). Have you specified
this correctly in your code?
As a quality check (or actually an alternative way to test the
interaction), you could calculate the contrast [T2 - T1] for each subject
on the first level, and then enter the con-images into a two-sample t-test
on the second level (with the factor group). This should in any case give
you a valid test of your interaction.

To clarify the issue with the zeros and ones: this has to do with
estimability of contrasts in overparameterized models. It is difficult to
give an easy explanation, but maybe this presentation by Dr. McFarquhar can
help you:
http://www.sbirc.ed.ac.uk/cyril/SPM-course/Talks/2017/11-Contrasts_MMcFarquhar.pdf
However, the way you specified your model circumvents this problem. (You
specified the main effect for subjects, and the two-way interaction between
your other factors. This is fine. Overparameterization is an issue when you
would also specify the main effects... which, to the best of my knowledge,
does nothing but complicate the specification of the contrasts later).

Best,
Lukas

Am Mi., 25. März 2020 um 13:43 Uhr schrieb tom parker <

--
Mag. Lukas Lengersdorff
Universität Wien