Great idea Peter
much more meaningful and authentic learning.
Best wishes
Virna

On Fri, 20 Mar 2020 at 10:00, Peter Hartley <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
I think this gives you an opportunity to consider what might be the most effective strategy to support professional development.
I would argue that ‘observation’ is not the place to start.

An alternative strategy?
Suppose that your staff had to:
1. write an action plan to explain how they are going to move to virtual (and why they are doing it the way they are)
2. discuss this action plan with a ‘buddy’ (so you get a professional dialogue)
3. amend the plan if necessary
4. submit the plan for formal evaluation - to include a proposal for what form of observation might be most productive

I wager that this would lead to more meaningful professional development than an externally imposed observation.
And you could evaluate it for a future SEDA conference! (we will be back in December this year - details to follow)

Best wishes
Stay safe and healthy
Peter