Dear SEDA colleagues

I appreciate that copyright concerns may be low down many academics list of priorities at the moment, but I am grateful to ALT for offering to host weekly webinar discussions on the topic of copyright and online learning<https://www.alt.ac.uk/civicrm/event/info?id=499&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter>. If you do have academic staff trying to get access to online resources or wanting to scan resources themselves then Chris Morrison and I wrote this blog post<https://copyrightliteracy.org/2020/03/18/copyright-fair-dealing-and-online-teaching-at-a-time-of-crisis/> recently with some guidance for the HE community. We are also busy collating a list of freely available resources<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1hDboeabRp1Kh3d8zLskACymyR2EM4psxq0Rd0xN05tU/edit?ts=5e74b160> to support teaching (some open access some with publishers restrictions lifted).

Finally Learning on Screen, who provide Box of Broadcasts<https://learningonscreen.ac.uk/ondemand> which gives access to broadcast radio and TV content have lifted the restriction on this only being available in the UK to help students who have returned home to Europe. For licensing reasons it’s not available worldwide yet though. I know they are interested in finding out if there has been much demand for this type of content for teaching, so if you have any examples could you drop me a line? And do share the webinar details with any interested colleagues. It will be Fridays at 11am and you can join without registering.

I hope everyone is keeping well in such difficult times,

Jane

Dr Jane Secker FCLIP, SFHEA, FRSA
Senior Lecturer in Educational Development
LEaD, City, University of London
Northampton Square
London EC1A 0HB
Tel: 07790 691224 | Skype: seckerjane | @jsecker

For information about City's support for online teaching in response to the Covid-19 outbreak, please see:

https://sleguidance.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/SETG/pages/1516371973/Business+continuity+guidance