From: psci-com: on public engagement with science <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Sophia Collins <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: 27 March 2020 15:17
To: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: [PSCI-COM] Tips on using Facebook for public engagement

Hi everyone,

I guess some of you know who I am. I used to run I'm a Scientist, and then I did that funny nappy project, and most recently Parenting Science Gang, co-creating research, using Faceboook.

Lots of you might be thinking about how to adapt your engagement to online spaces, or design new engagement based in online spaces. We wrote some very practical tips on using Facebook for two way public engagement with science. I'm sharing them, in case they are useful to you.

Our top tips from Nappy Science Gang https://sophiacollins.wordpress.com/2020/03/20/using-facebook-as-a-venue-for-public-engagement-things-we-learned-from-nappy-science-gang/

Even more top tips we learned from doing Parenting Science Gang http://parentingsciencegang.org.uk/evaluation/top-tips-on-using-facebook/

90% of the UK internet audience use Facebook, so it is where people actually are. Although for under 25s I think YouTube is slightly more popular.

Some stats here on who uses what social media platform
https://sproutsocial.com/insights/new-social-media-demographics/
https://www.statista.com/statistics/1059462/social-media-usage-uk-age/

Stay safe everyone, have you ever had such clean hands in your life?:-)

Take care,

Sophia

Sophia Collins
Director, Parenting Science Gang
mb: 0797 077 3791
@sophiacol<http://twitter.com/#!/sophiacol>
Skype: sophia.collins

Personal website: http://sophiacollins.wordpress.com/
Parenting Science Gang: http://parentingsciencegang.org.uk/
Nappy Science Gang: https://nappysciencegang.wordpress.com/
Tales from the River: http://talesfromtheriver.wordpress.com<http://talesfromtheriver.wordpress.com/>
Tales from the Tweed: http://talesfromthetweed.wordpress.com/
********************************************************************** psci-com how-to: Once subscribed, send emails for the list to [log in to unmask] If not subscribed, either subscribe here https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A0=psci-com or send requests for items to be posted on your behalf to [log in to unmask] To unsubscribe (or silence messages while away) send an email (any subject) to [log in to unmask] with one of the following messages (ignoring text in brackets) • signoff psci-com (to leave the list) • set psci-com nomail (to stop receiving messages while on holiday) • set psci-com mail (to resume getting messages) Contact list owner at [log in to unmask] Small print and JISCMail acceptable use policy https://sites.google.com/site/pscicomjiscmail/the-small-print Contact Jisc Helpline: Email: [log in to unmask], Telephone: 0300 300 2212 **********************************************************************