Hi Shemal —

Thank you for taking the time to write — It’s good to hear your voice. I can’t help but think of how brave you are, being a brown, queer educator in the Global South. Bravo to you!

I understand the apprehension to use your voice, and I support you. I was in India recently and I do believe that some light is being shed on LGBT issues there. I hope it continues to get better and better in that regard. I’m glad you’re in “the group” and I thank you for your kind words and interest.

:-)

All best,

Alex Bitterman