Why wouldn't this be Plan S compliant? Seems to me that it definitely meets Route 2. (If you are raising the question of whether a Plan S funder will pay for it, that's a different question. They aren't paying for Route 2 and may not pay for Route 3. But, both of those routes are compliant.)
Lisa
___

Lisa Janicke Hinchliffe