Hi Rupal

The Elsevier journal title we had that started my investigation was Journal of Financial Intermediation, which charges a US$400 submission fee. My colleague did contact Elsevier to ask if we could be given a list of the titles which are charging these fees, and if there was any discount as we subscribe to ScienceDirect (in the way that we are receiving APC discounted offers from publishers moving towards the publish and read models), but she was told Elsevier could not provide a list and there was no negotiation on the pricing.

This seems to be mostly affecting business titles for some reason. Has there been a change in policy around business and economics titles?

Thanks you

Hannah

--
Hannah Britcher
Team Leader, Procurement & Metadata

T: +44 (0)23 9284 3227
E: [log in to unmask]
W: http://www.library.port.ac.uk

University Library, Cambridge Road, Portsmouth, PO1 2ST, UK

I work Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Outside of these days please contact my job share partner, Annushka Donin, on our shared email address: [log in to unmask]