Speaking of transversal, these times of complexities, of hazard assessment (not seismic but, well...), and of somehow forced isolation do show once more how fortunate certain life paths can be. Diverse as the jobs and working environments that cross our scientific community can be, there is one trait surely in common: study and training (long) and the consequent cultural backpack (large). No little things at all, not just for their intrinsic value but, especially, for the fact that no quarantine can withhold what lies in our minds.

With warmest regards,

Umberto

Il giorno dom 8 mar 2020 alle ore 14:10 Brendan Duffy <[log in to unmask]> ha scritto:

Hi Meisam,

It is nice to hear from an Iranian academic, and to have the opportunity to wish you and all of your colleagues, family, friends and countrywomen/men the very best.

Stay safe!

Kind regards,

Brendan Duffy

University of Melbourne

From: Tectonics & structural geology discussion list <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of Meisam Tadayon
Sent: Sunday, 8 March 2020 7:13 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Corona ?

Dear all,

Here in University of Isfahan all the teaching courses, conferences, seminars and field trips are cancelled since firsts February as well.

The universities provide gloves, disinfectant liquids and masks.

Municipality stop all the trips and move the incoming passengers to the quarantine for two weeks.

Hope to hear good news from all around world soon.

Best regards

Meisam

Meisam Tadayon

Assistant prof. at University of Isfahan, Iran

PhD in tectonics and thermochronology

On Sat, Mar 7, 2020 at 12:14 PM, Geoff Alsop

Hi geo’s

I was wondering what everyone is doing wrt school and university geology fieldtrips with the virus issues? Are they getting cancelled ? Rescheduled ?

To unsubscribe from the GEO-TECTONICS list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=GEO-TECTONICS&A=1

--
Umberto Fracassi, Ph.D.

Istituto Nazionale di Geofisica e Vulcanologia
Via di Vigna Murata, 605
00143 Roma
Italy
Tel: +39-06-51860557