Dear FSL Community.

I am new to FSL and to using MacOSX terminal and command line, and I have tried to install FSL without much success. I am using MacOS Catalina v 10.15.3 and I have installed XQuartz as recommended. I have also downloaded the most up-to-date versions of the python script and thus of FSL (6.0.3)

I followed the instructions in the website (https://fsl.fmrib.ox.ac.uk/fsl/fslwiki/FslInstallation/MacOsX) and there appears to be no error while the script works (the script displays [OK] at all stages, and no warning messages are prompt). I have installed FSL in the default location (/usr/local/fsl).

However, when I move onto the next stage (checking the environment is correct) and typing

echo $FSLDIR

The terminal returns a blank line, and when I type

flirt -version

it returns

-bash: flirt: command not found

Have I missed a previous step that is not on the website, or does my Mac need some updating of some sort? I'd really appreciate your help here.

Cheers, Seb