Dear all

The Organizing Committee of the iPRES2020 Conference, after consultation with the iPRES Steering Group, the iPRES2021 and the iPRES2022 hosts, and after approved by the Steering Group, has decided to postpone iPRES2020 to Oct.19-22, 2021, to be held in Beijing, China.

This is not a decision made lightly – we looked carefully at various options, including keeping the current dates, canceling, and postponing the conference, and decided postponing for a full year is the best option. This protects the health of the participants and serves the best interest of the international digital preservation community, as the coronavirus pandemic continues to spread across the globe and takes its toll.

The National Science and Technology Library (NSTL), and National Science Library of CAS (NSL), co-hosts of iPRES2020, requested to, and approved by, the iPRES Steering Group, to be the hosts for iPRES2021. We are grateful to the original iPRES2021 host to shift its iPRES schedule to 2023. We are committed to making iPRES2021 a success. We regard it as important to bring the knowledge of the digital preservation community to China and to Asia, and to stimulate the development of digital preservation in the region.

We work with the iPRES Steering Group, the iPRES2020 Program Committee, and the global digital preservation community to organize online activities during the time of the original iPRES2020 so that we keep the momentum. We will inform you as soon as the plan is finalized.

For authors who have already submitted contributions for iPRES2020, we thank you for your participation and hope you will continue to support iPRES2021. You have the option for keeping the current contribution for iPRES2021, or withdraw and use it for other opportunities.A new call for contributions will be issued for iPRES2021.

We thank all for your understanding for this difficult decision and we appreciate your continuing support for iPRES2021 and digital preservation.

iPRES2020 Program Committee
iPRES2020 Organizing Committee
http://ipres2020.cn/

March 30, 2020

To unsubscribe from the DIGITAL-PRESERVATION list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=DIGITAL-PRESERVATION&A=1