From: Fabio Tartarini
Sent: 18 March 2020 15:08
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [COMMUNITYPSYCHUK] Pandemics: Response and prevention for communities' mental health during and post isolation

Hello all,

I hope you are all well.

I am not sure whether there's already anything happening within this group or the BPS at large.

I'm conscious that this pandemic is already having and will have consequences for the psychological well-being of people. The various uncertainties around the future are surely breeding ground for anxiety.

There will be quite a good number of people self-isolating or quarantining for an unknown period and this will have consequences on the overall mental health.  I would like to be positive but I think it's important to be realistic that good part of the population will be struggling to adjust to isolation and might struggle to readjust to life when the emergency will stop.

Are there any initiatives or channels established already for people to seek support and help in these times? Also in terms of prevention?

As psychologists, what can we do to support individuals and communities to limit the harming effects that this crisis will have? (I'm talking about isolation, changes in social interaction, dealing with the aftermath of the pandemic, ands so on).

I'd like to do something and use my research/expertise in this but I'm aware of my limitations and would like to reach out to who might have a better understanding of the matter - and is sharing a similar concern.

All the best,

Fabio

___________________________________ The list is jointly managed by David Fryer [log in to unmask] and Grant Jeffrey [log in to unmask], either of whom are able to deal with queries. To unsubscribe or to change your details on this COMMUNITYPSYCHUK list, visit the website: http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A0=COMMUNITYPSYCHUK