From: The Black and Asian Studies Association [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Christian Hogsbjerg
Sent: 20 March 2020 13:55
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Join the World Against Racism online rally this Saturday 21 March for UN Anti-Racism Day

 Dear all,

I hope people are well - just in case people have not already seen it, the Stand Up to Racism demonstration planned for UN Anti-Racism Day on 21 March in London has been postponed due to Covid19, and instead there will be an online rally this Saturday from 12-2pm online hosted on the Stand Up to Racism facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/events/s/world-against-racism-online-ra/525590474784471/

Stand Up To Racism took the decision to postpone the UN anti-racism day protests in London and Glasgow until later in the year in response to the coronavirus and its significant threat to public health.

Yet with racism being one of the key challenges for our society we think it is crucial to continue to utilise Saturday 21 March as a day of international solidarity against racism.

Join us for a #WorldAgainstRacism online rally which will hear from key international speakers involved in tackling racism and the far-right. There will be online antiracist video messages from MPs, trade unionists, faith groups and campaigners on the day. Showing solidarity with the fight against racism today and marking the 60th anniversary of the Sharpeville Massacre.

If people are able to make a donation to Stand Up to Racism's fundraiser to help continue the fight against racism please go to here:

Take care,

In solidarity,

Christian

This Email list is maintained by the BSA Race & Ethnicity Study Group. Visit the BSA website for further information about the group: https://www.britsoc.co.uk/groups/study-groups/race-ethnicity-study-group/