Dear All,

Following the growing worldwide concerns about public health regarding COVID-19 (coronavirus), it is with great regret that we have decided to cancel our upcoming symposium, ‘Chinese Audio-Visual Cultures: The Interaction between China and the Rest of the World’, which was set to take place on 9 May 2020 and hosted by the Film department at the University of Southampton.

We are very sorry about this development and are grateful for the amount of interest our symposium has been shown. But we, the organising team, hope you will agree that this is the most responsible course of action.

As of yet, there are no plans for this symposium to be run at a later date this year, as there are too many uncertainties as to when the current difficult situation will be resolved.

Again, we are very sorry for the inconvenience but hope that you understand how important your well-being is to our organising team.

For now, we hope you all are staying safe and healthy.

Best regards,

Postgraduate Organising Team:

Hee-Young Chung, Jiadi Jiang (Jady), Yuan Li (Rebecca) and Lucy Elizabeth McDonald

Advisor:

Dr Ruby Cheung

For any further inquiries, please contact: [log in to unmask]