Dear all,

I hope this email reaches everyone well during these uncertain times!

I am currently updating policy in our organisation - as I am sure many others are too. We are currently looking at our researcher's registration form which is very old and outdated.

I have been comparing numerous registration forms and the majority include date of birth, passport number and other information which is 'sensitive'. I wanted to know reasonings for why we require these things?

My employer seems very against asking for any of these things and just wants: Name and address - yet I do not think this is enough.

We are an appointment only organisation and I would really like some reasons that I can use to clarify and justify why we need to take more of researchers personal data.

Thank you so much to anyone that replies!

Best Wishes,

Willow Autumn-Anderson
Contact the list owner for assistance at [log in to unmask] For information about joining, leaving and suspending mail (eg during a holiday) see the list website at https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A0=archives-nra