"Engaging people with archive collections is a core principle of the archive community. However, within the busy environment of a school, it is sometimes difficult to set aside time from scheduled curriculum studies for archive visits or to communicate with various departments as to how archives could be integrated within lessons. Since beginning as School Archivist at Oakham School, education and outreach work through displays, social media and projects have made me realise that engagement with archives does not need to be an obvious thing such as visits to the archive or loans boxes. Engagement can be much more subtle and yet still as impactful. [In this blog] are a few projects that I have been involved in where the archives have played a vital, albeit understated role."

Find out more from Charlotte McCrory about her work as the Archivst at Oakham School in this latest ARALearning Blog https://aralearning.wordpress.com/2020/03/20/the-subtle-integration-of-archives-with-school-life-charlotte-mccrory/

Archives for Learning and Education Section (ALES)

Archives and Records Association

  @ARALearning

https://aralearning.wordpress.com/