Dear List Members,

I would like to draw your attention to the following advert. If you have any queries regarding the position, please contact the HR department (020 7814 5792/5611 or [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>).

Thanks,

Katie

Are you a qualified archivist with substantial experience of records management, and developing an archive collection? Are you searching for a varied and fulfilling role in a stimulating museum environment? If so, this is the role for you.

The Museum of London is seeking to recruit an Archivist and Records Manager to manage the corporate archive and records management programme, along with associated policies, procedures and training. You will also oversee the operations of the Sainsbury Study Centre and associated archives based at our Docklands site.

We are looking for someone with a strong practical understanding of records management principles and practice, and experience of undertaking records audits, implementing retention schedules and cataloguing. Working knowledge of FOI, EIR, and DP regulations is needed as well as experience in dealing with requests under this legislation, ensuring organisational compliance. The postholder will provide access to, and respond to enquiries about, the museum's historic institutional records both to staff and external researchers. Strong communication and interpersonal skills are needed with the ability to manage people and influence stakeholders effectively.

For more information about this position, please see the Job Description/Person Specification.  To apply for this position, please complete our online application form. The closing date for applications is Sunday 15 March 2020. Successful candidates will be invited to an interview on Wednesday 25 or Thursday 26 March 2020.

The Museum of London is committed to equal opportunities and diversity. We particularly welcome applications from disabled and BAME candidates, who are currently under-represented in our organisation.

https://jobs.museumoflondon.org.uk/vacancy/archivist-and-records-manager-1231/1257/description/

Katie Ormerod
Museum Records Manager and Archivist

020 7814 5682
museumoflondon.org.uk

 [cid:Twitter_logo_blk_1bd9ad11-5421-4620-8519-277edbe1bdee.jpg] <https://twitter.com/museumoflondon/>    [cid:FB-fLogo-blk_c4915e6c-c1bc-4fe6-bf2e-22bfa387b6cc.jpg] <https://www.facebook.com/museumoflondon/>    [cid:glyph-logo_blk_28572168-f0e7-4799-8ee0-eabbde8f9f9c.jpg] <https://instagram.com/museumoflondon/?hl=en>

Museum of London, 150 London Wall, London, EC2Y 5HN

Before printing, please think about the environment.