**Apologies for cross-posting**

We have an exciting opportunity in The University of Sheffield Library for someone with a passion for and expertise in digital preservation.

We are looking for an enthusiastic individual to lead The University of Sheffield’s digital preservation programme. The University of Sheffield Library’s mission is to enable the University to access and use the information universe, and this requires preservation of our unique assets for the future.

Reporting to the Associate Director for Digital Strategies, Research and Engagement, the successful candidate will join the Library’s Digital Services Team. The team leads the evaluation, development and implementation of systems and services to facilitate discovery and underpin the Library’s business processes.

We are seeking candidates with a good honours degree or equivalent experience, and a knowledge of digital storage methods, media and security. A postgraduate degree, PhD or professional qualification in Digital Preservation or related area is desirable but not essential. They will use effective communication skills to collaborate with the existing University stakeholder group on digital preservation and lead in developments and improvements across a range of situations.  They will use their thorough knowledge of digital preservation theory, models (such as OAIS), and standards to manage and develop the Library’s Digital Preservation Service to support the new Institutional Digital Preservation Strategy.

Terms and conditions of employment will be those for Grade 8 staff.  The salary for this grade is £41,526 to £49,553 per annum, with potential to progress to £55,750 through sustained exceptional contribution.

We're one of the best not-for-profit organisations to work for in the UK.  The University's Total Reward Package includes a competitive salary, a generous pension scheme and annual leave entitlement, as well as access to a range of learning and development courses to support your personal and professional development.

We build teams of people from different heritages and lifestyles from across the world, whose talent and contributions complement each other to great effect.  We believe in diversity in all its forms delivers greater impact through research, teaching and student experience.

The closing date for applications is Monday 6th April 2020.  Further details on the position can be accessed at: Digital Preservation Manager vacancy  (Job reference UOS025676).

It is anticipated that interviews and other selection action will be held on 21 April 2020. Full details will be provided to invited candidates.

--
Matthew Zawadzki
University Records Manager and Archivist

The University of Sheffield,
Arts Tower,
12 Bolsover Street,
Sheffield,