Dear all

A reminder about the below vacancy with the South West Heritage Trust, closing date Monday 9 March 2020.

Archivist (Maternity Cover)

Location:         Somerset Heritage Centre, Brunel Way, Norton Fitzwarren, Taunton TA2 6SF

Hours:              30 hours per week. The normal working days will be Tuesday-Friday. Includes occasional weekend and evening work.

Salary:             £27,056 per annum, paid on a pro rata basis

Contract:         9 months fixed-term contract

We are looking for an Archivist to cover a maternity leave, based at the Somerset Heritage Centre in Taunton. You will work as part of a team to deliver the public service, answer enquiries, and accession and catalogue documents.  You will be responsible for delivery of the North Somerset Archive Service, which operates a quarterly service in Weston super Mare, and will contribute to the preservation of digital media using our digital preservation system and cataloguing software.

You will hold a post-graduate qualification in Archive Administration and have excellent customer care skills and the ability to travel round the county.

The South West Heritage Trust is an independent charity which delivers a broad range of heritage services across Somerset and Devon. With a turnover exceeding £3.5 million each year, we manage and run two Archives and Local Studies services, three museums (including the Museum of Somerset), and we look after the historic environment in Somerset, including over 400 acres of reserves.

For further information about the post please contact Esther Hoyle, Archives Engagement Manager, on 01823 278805.

The South West Heritage Trust encourages applications from all sections of the community. We particularly encourage applications from people from those sections of the community which are currently under-represented in the heritage sector including black, ethnic minority, and/or disabled applicants.

​For further information and an application form, please see our website at https://swheritage.org.uk/archivist-maternity-cover/. Please send completed applications to [log in to unmask] CVs are not accepted as applications.

Closing date:               Monday 9 March 2020

Interviews:                  Tuesday 24 March 2020