Dear all,

I am interested in working in the archival sector, and I was wondering if
anybody knew of any volunteering opportunities or training in the West
Midlands area. I reside in Shropshire but am willing to travel some
distance.

A bit of background about me. I possess a Masters degree in the History of
Warfare from the University of Birmingham in the United Kingdom, and a first
class honours degree in War Studies.

I won the RAF Museum prize for my undergraduate dissertation in 2017.

The research required for both degrees has facilitated me in generating a
large network of academics from, inter alia, the University of Birmingham,
Kings College London and the affiliated Defence Academy UK. I also am very
well acquainted with the research facilities at the National Archives in
Kew, the libraries at RAF Hendon, RAF Cranwell & the RAF Club in London.

Through volunteering activity, I have developed a thorough knowledge of the
RAF Museum sites at both Cosford and Hendon. As well as working as a guide
on the Cold War aviation exhibits, I have also developed resources for the
full-time staff and I was selected to be the Prime Consultant for the
Museum's "RAF: First to the Future" project.

In addition, I am volunteering with the National Archives on the First World
War Lives at Sea project transcribing records of personnel in the Royal
Navy.

If you have any questions about my background please do not hesitate to
contact me.

Kind regards

Sam Leather