And these would be the reported cases in the German state of Hessen, it
updates daily and it's granular. Until today's update, when the number of
cases jumped from 34 to 48, they would also report on each individual case
whether it was connected to another known cluster throughout Germany, or
abroad. With today's update, it seems that they've dropped that.
https://soziales.hessen.de/gesundheit/infektionsschutz/coronavirus-sars-cov-2/taegliche-uebersicht-der-bestaetigten-sars-cov-2-faelle-hessen

Not every state does the communication of data the same way, Bavaria
doesn't seem to report by cases:
https://www.stmgp.bayern.de/vorsorge/infektionsschutz/infektionsmonitor-bayern/

Robert Koch institute seems to update daily the number of cases in Germany
by state:
https://www.rki.de/DE/Content/InfAZ/N/Neuartiges_Coronavirus/Fallzahlen.html

All in all, given the size and nature of what's going on, the data is
changing often, and different sources report different numbers. For
instance, WHO (
https://experience.arcgis.com/experience/685d0ace521648f8a5beeeee1b9125cd)
and Johns Hopkins data look quite different (
https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6).
The first reports roughly 1200 cases for Germany today, and the other
around 1600.

Alexandra Florea
PhD Candidate
Goethe University Frankfurt
Find me on Twitter: @alleyah

On Wed, 11 Mar 2020 at 17:22, Simon Briscoe <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Hello
>
> Can anyone point me data that shows the number of deaths and tests by sex
> and age in the countries where the numbers are mounting up? I can only find
> rates data.
>
> Your help would be appreciated.
>

> And as an aside:
>
> Is there any stats/epidemiology experts who can correct my impression
> that, as the cases are so geographically widespread:
>
> https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-number-of-cases-in-england/coronavirus-covid-19-number-of-cases-in-england
> <
> https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-number-of-cases-in-england/coronavirus-covid-19-number-of-cases-in-england
> >
> the rate of UK testing has been far too low for days? (I have one case
> where a choir member is tested positive and yet other choir members can’t
> be tested despite several practices/performances over a few days! Hardly
> seems prudent.)
> If you don’t look you won’t find:
>
> https://www.sciencealert.com/here-s-how-many-coronavirus-tests-per-capita-have-been-completed
> <
> https://www.sciencealert.com/here-s-how-many-coronavirus-tests-per-capita-have-been-completed
> >
> And of course, if you don’t test everyone with symptoms, the denominator
> will be suppressed and the apparent death rate raised.
>
> Is the low rate of testing due to a lack of kits rather than expert
> advice?
>
> https://www.statnews.com/2020/03/10/shortage-crucial-chemicals-us-coronavirus-testing/
> <
> https://www.statnews.com/2020/03/10/shortage-crucial-chemicals-us-coronavirus-testing/
> >

> Finally are the university members of this group able to confirm or deny
> that students who are confirmed with the virus are being told not to
> mention it to colleagues as it is might provoke a sense of fear?
>
> Many thanks,
> Simon
>

> You may leave the list at any time by sending the command
>
> SIGNOFF allstat
>
> to [log in to unmask], leaving the subject line blank.

SIGNOFF allstat