Dear All,

This is not strictly speaking an animal bone job, but it may be of help to someone. Not to speak of zooarchaeologists who may qualify due to their training and expertise in pre- and protohistory.

Best wishes, Laszlo

https://www.academics.de/jobs/tenure-track-professur-w1-mit-tenure-track-w2-fuer-vor-und-fruehgeschichtliche-archaeologie-universitaet-hamburg-hamburg-1020147?user_token=SFMyNTY.g3QAAAACZAAEZGF0YWIABvJiZAAGc2lnbmVkbgYAbp56GnAB.R6lV8Uaj2u8cs2twPE0qBDmJmisCQ-uncebv76VsPNg&utm_campaign=jobnewsletter&utm_medium=nl&utm_source=2020-02-06&wt_zmc=nl.int.zonaudev.jobnewsletter.2020-02-06.acade.3.job_list.job

From: Analysis of animal remains from archaeological sites <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Delsol,Nicolas <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: 19 August 2019 19:10:58
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [ZOOARCH] creole cattle

Dear Federica,

There is a paper by Reitz and Ruff with metric data from historical sites of the Caribbean and the Western coast of North America. It’s not European cattle but you might find some interesting stuff in there.

Reitz, Elizabeth J., and Barbara Ruff

1994 Morphometric Data for Cattle from North America and the Caribbean Prior to the 1850s. Journal of Archaeological Science 21(5):699–713.

Cheers

Nicolas