From: Analysis of animal remains from archaeological sites <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of Quentin Goffette
Sent: Tuesday, February 4, 2020 2:08 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [ZOOARCH] Measurements Steller's Eider

Dear colleagues,

I am looking for measurements of Steller's eider (Polysticta stelleri) bones, in particular the proximal width of the humerus. I found a bone in a Pleistocene assemblage which presents the morphology of an eider, but of very small size. I know the publication of Elorza (2005), who publishes some measurements of Steller's eider bones, including the humerus, but unfortunately Bp is not given.

To a lesser extent, I am also interested in measurements of spectacled eider (Somateria fischeri) and king eider (S. spectabilis). For the common eider (S. mollissima), I already have the excellent work of Ericson (1987), Osteology of the eider.

I would be particularly interested if you could inform me about publications giving Steller's eider measurements or if you could point me to a good reference collection including Steller's eider skeletons.

All the best,
Quentin

Quentin GOFFETTE

Archaeozoologist
Royal Belgian Institute of Natural Sciences
Department of Palaeontology
Vautier street 29, B-1000 Brussels
BELGIUM
+32 (0)2 627 44 33