I have been asked to start requesting supporting evidence for those employees requesting long term adjustments under DDA (not advanced to Equality Act yet!). Is this usual practice and how is it gathered (signed consent sent to GP/Specilaist or does the employee request this info from GP/Specilaist)? Is there any evidence that this delays a return to work?
The manufacturing company I work for are trying to address the 7% sickness absence rate and are also trying to reduce the number of employees on long term adjustments (as it is impacting on business and has become unsustainable).
They have a very risk averse legal team so those with regular and extensive absences have not been dismissed, this is especially true for those where DDA is likely to apply.
I am new to this list so apologies if I am asking the bleedin' obvious.

OCC-HEALTH ARCHIVES:

CONFERENCES AND STUDY DAYS: