Thank you for everyone for their comments.

I would welcome people to talk further about inclusive practice in the workforce to support colleagues as both employers and employees, trainees, interns and voluntary staff.  From research and work, DCN has collaborated with colleagues across sectors in how they develop inclusive working practice, recruitment and retention of talent, no matter at what stage of the person's career.  This collaboration is formalised through a partnership consortium and board membership of related organisations to share with and benefit the sector.

It's important to reflect that there are deeply significant gaps of knowledge within the Heritage Sector which are ready to be filled and it is a very real concern that progress is very slow.

However, it is vital that disabled and neurodivergent people can feel able to participate in what can be difficult and challenging discussions with colleagues to move the sector forward. It's also vital that disabled and neurodivergent people are part of our workforce and that anyone who works in the Heritage Sector is supported throughout their career if their requirements change.

This is critical for all of us in how we can move forward and develop as a sector in collaboration and partnership with people who feel excluded and with all current legislation.

I would extend a reach out to the Thackery Museum in what DCN can do collaboratively to support them.  Any organisation or person who has any questions relating to this work can send me an email off-forum to set up a meeting.

With Best Wishes

Becki