Hi All,

I want to ask a general question about long term software goals.

Context: I'm working with containerized apps.  FSL 5 is MUCH smaller than FSL 6.X.  But obviously 6.X has some nice added functionality. I cringe at the thought of installing FSL6 in a container since the result is about 18 GB large.

Are there any plans to modularize FSL components?  I understand some stuff is core and would always have to be there...but, if I want to create a container to run DWI processing, there is a lot I do not need from the fMRI side of things, and vice-versa.

I attempted to pull out the defacing tool, but kept ending up in dependency hell and never managed to separate it.  It'd be nice since it does ears.

Thanks for your consideration.  I look forward to hearing your views.

-Dianne Patterson, Ph.D.
University of Arizona