Hi Anderson,

Thanks for pointing me in that direction!

Could you please see whether the objectives could be met using the the steps and design matrices outlined below?

1) 4D Imaging data
Concatenated according to subject ID in ascending order (Subject 1 baseline ... subject 1 follow-up, Subject 2 baseline ... subject 2 follow-up, Subject 3 baseline ... subject 3 follow-up, etc).

2) Design matrix
2) Abbreviated Design matrix (red represents negative values).
Inline image[log in to unmask]>">
3) Contrast

Are there differences in brain volumes between both groups on average?
1 0 0 0  -1 0 0 0
-1 0 0 0  1 0 0 0
Is brain atrophy over time more significant in Group 1 vs Group 2?
0 0 0 -1  0 0 0 1
Is brain atrophy over time more significant in Group 2 vs Group 1?
0 0 0 1  0 0 0 -1
Is there age-accelerated brain atrophy in Group 1 vs Group 2?
0 -1 0 0  0 1 0 0

Anderson, would you be kind to show me PALM commands to run these tests? Based on the link you sent, I am still not sure how to include the within-block or whole block exchangeability into this model?

Lastly, sorry if this is a silly question, how will this be different compared to the modified Sandwich Estimator approach using the "SWE" command? In that model, I understand I will have to include additional information in the design.sub which looks like this.

Inline image[log in to unmask]>">

Thanks ever so much for your guidance.

Regards,
Shane