Apologies for cross-posting

Dear colleagues,

AccessHE (www.accessHE.ac.uk), the membership-based network driving the HE access, success and progression agenda for widening participation learner groups, is delighted to officially launch the AccessHE-UKADIA Creative HE Apply Guide. This is a new information, advice and guidance resource for learners of all ages and backgrounds considering a creative degree/career and for the organisations in the HE, arts and cultural sectors looking to engage with these prospective students.

In the context of a continuing decline in the numbers of school pupils studying creative subjects at GCSE and A-Level, there is a greater need than ever for clear and accessible guidance on routes into creative careers. Building on the first version of the Guide, this version widens its focus beyond London and showcases a range of creative HE study pathways across England, whilst retaining a strong widening participation focus. The accompanying worksheets allow the guide to be integrated into outreach activity focused on routes into the creative and performing arts, or to be used independently by learners, whether in school/college, at home, or in an extra-curricular context.

The Guide provides readers with information about a wide range of creative subject areas and HE courses, from dance and music to creative writing, crafts, photography and media, film-making, and sound technology, to name just a few. It also maps out the various entry pathways into these courses, looking beyond the A-Level route. Just as importantly, the guide addresses some of the main myths and misconceptions linked to creative study to show that it is open to anyone, irrespective of age, background or skill level. The guide includes extensive details on the financial support available to learners from disadvantaged backgrounds seeking to progress to a creative HE course as well as practical guidance relating to the application process.

You can find the official press release here and at the bottom you will find the downloadable guide in 1-page and 2-page PDF formats, along with the accompanying worksheets. We would really appreciate a share as well of the following social media post here to help us widely promote the resource.

Please do feel free to make use of it and/or share it with your networks, including with mature learners looking to retrain. If you would like hard copies or to provide feedback on your use of the resource, please don’t hesitate to contact us at [log in to unmask].

Best wishes,

Tanyel Kazim

London Programmes and Communications Coordinator, AccessHE

LONDON HIGHER Tavistock House, Tavistock Square, London WC1H 9JJ.

| E: [log in to unmask] | W: www.AccessHE.ac.uk |www.twitter.com/accessHE

If you would like to receive our free e-bulletins to keep informed about our work and the latest events, news and updates, please opt-in here.

I am running the Hackney Half, raising money for ReachOut UK. Please sponsor me!

AccessHE is a Division of London Higher

Company limited by guarantee, registered in England and Wales No. 05731255. Registered Charity No.1114873. London Higher email disclaimer.

To unsubscribe from the DIS-FORUM list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=DIS-FORUM&A=1