This looks really interesting…. On a similar note, we will have Allan Desouza, artist, academic, and author of the book Can Art be Thought? come to speak at this year’s Get Together on Friday, 12 June in TU Dublin. This looks at similar theme to Allan’s area of interest, which includes the actual considerations and realities of decolonisation… including how current projects should be assessed through a critical lens.

As an aside, we will also have Paddy Johnson of ArtFCity speak… Her subject will be around looking at infrastructure and methods of working taking into consideration the building of a carbon neutral and more humane society for artists.

We have some others speaking on the day… and will have the usual publicity out in the run up.

Noel

Noel Kelly FRSA
Chief Executive Officer / Director

Visual Artists Ireland - Ealaíontóirí Radharcacha Éire
Supporting Artists at all Stages of their Careers

Our Vision: We dare to dream of a time when visual artists will live in a world of opportunities.

Our Mission: To create a trusted space where visual artists are valued and have access to supports and knowledge that enable them to develop at all stages of their professional career.

Individual or Organisation; Local Authority or National Government; Funding Body; Venue; Festival or Event: Contact us and see how we can support your work on the island of Ireland

Head Office
Windmill View House,
4 Oliver Bond Street,
Dublin 8.

Tel: +353 (0)1 672 9488
Fax: +353 (0)1 672 9482
Email: [log in to unmask]

Web: https://visualartists.ie

Northern Ireland Office
109 - 113 Royal Avenue,
Belfast, BT1 1FF
Northern Ireland
Tel: +44 (0)28 9587 0361
Email: [log in to unmask]

Web: https://visualartists-ni.org

Memberships

Ireland Committee for The International Association of the Arts

Culture Action Europe

International Federation of Arts Councils and Cultural Agencies

Creative Industries Federation

Corporate Sponsors

Suki Tea
Standard Utilities

signature_447908547

Registered Charity No. CHY 9629
Patron: Michael D. Higgins, PRESIDENT OF IRELAND

The Sculptors Society of Ireland t/a Visual Artists Ireland is core funded by the Arts Council /An Chomhairle Ealaíon, and The Arts Council of Northern Ireland

The content of this message is confidential. If you have received it by mistake, please inform us by an email reply and then delete the message. It is forbidden to copy, forward, or in any way reveal the contents of this message to anyone. The integrity and security of this email cannot be guaranteed over the Internet. Therefore, the sender will not be held liable for any damage caused by the message.