Dear all,

We are delighted to announce that the Journal of Race, Ethnicity and the City (JRE), a new journal sponsored by the Urban Affairs Association, is ready to accept manuscripts for review. The journal will:

We are particularly interested in groundbreaking theoretical, empirical and engaged scholarship manuscripts that meet the aims and scopes of the journal and set the tone for future issues of JRE. It is our intention to have all manuscripts reviewed within a reasonable timeframe, allowing authors to receive timely comments and suggestions from reviewers. JRE uses a double-blind review process and asks all authors and reviewers to avoid self-recognizing information within their manuscripts.

Our goal is to publish the first issue of JRE by Spring of 2020. Taylor and Francis will treat the inaugural issue as open-source, making all manuscripts available online.

To be considered for the first issue(s), the full article should be submitted here by January 15, 2020.

For further questions, please contact the editors:
Yasminah Beebeejaun, University College London (United Kingdom)
Ali Modarres, University of Washington, Tacoma (USA)
Email address: [log in to unmask]

See the official Call for Papers here.