Deadline Jan 30, 2020 Call for Applications

https://www.kli.ac.at/content/en/fellowships/call_wu-fellowships2020

The Konrad Lorenz Institute for Evolution and Cognition Research (KLI) in Klosterneuburg (Austria, close to Vienna) announces 5 Writing-Up Fellowships for late-stage PhD students working in inter and transdisciplinary sustainability science with a focus on theoretical dimensions (conceptual, methodological, and epistemological) of sustainability research.

About the KLI

The Konrad Lorenz Institute for Evolution and Cognition Research (KLI) is an independent center of advanced studies in the life and sustainability sciences. The mission of the KLI is to enable scientific reasoning that can contribute to understanding and sustaining life in its biological, cognitive, social, and cultural diversity.

At the KLI, we are committed to contribute to addressing pressing social-environmental challenges of our time through inter and transdisciplinary research. We especially support conceptual and formal research as well as philosophical and historical work that addresses broad and interrelated questions about life:

Over almost 30 years of existence, the KLI has supported many early career researchers working on interdisciplinary projects bringing together approaches from the natural and social sciences as well as from the humanities and cultural sciences.

KLI Writing-up Fellowships in Sustainability Science

Research in sustainability science investigates the global and local interactions between human, environmental, biological, cultural, technical, and institutional systems with the goal of understanding and (contribute to) solving complex challenges of our time. Examples of sustainability challenges are climate change, loss of biodiversity, land degradation, water scarcity, and rapid urbanization. The 5 KLI Writing-up Fellowships are not restricted to specific topics or approaches in the vast field of sustainability science. Though not exclusively, we look forward to receiving applications especially from the following research areas:

The 5 KLI Writing-up fellowships aim to support excellent doctoral students in the final stage of their PhD research. Writing-up fellowships are individual fellowships awarded to work independently on the applicant’s research project supervised by their advisor in the home university. As A Home to Theory that Matters, the KLI privileges theoretical, conceptual, and formal as well as philosophical, historical, and reflexive work in the life and sustainability sciences.Thus, the 5 fellowships are especially well-suited for two categories of late-stage PhD students:

Details of the fellowships:

Benefits of working at the KLI:

How to apply

The application procedure consists of a Pre-selection phase and an Application phase.

Pre-selection phase: Deadline is Jan 30th, 2020.
Aspiring applicants fill in a Contact Form to express their interest and motivation.
https://www.kli.ac.at/content/en/fellowships/fellowship_contact_form Please specify “Sustainability Science Writing-Up Fellowship” in the motivation section of the form:

Application phase: Deadline is Feb 29, 2020
The KLI selection committee will notify the aspiring applicant. The successful ones will be invited to submit a full application. Applicants will submit their application. Forms and detailed procedures for the full application will be provided only to applicants who have been pre-selected.

See our call for application website for details: https://www.kli.ac.at/content/en/fellowships/call_wu-fellowships2020

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact KLI Scientific Director Guido Caniglia [log in to unmask]

The KLI, A Home to Theory that Matters
Visit our website
Follow us on Twitter
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Check out our event calendar

Dr. Lynn Chiu

Communications Officer
KLI Klosterneuburg
http://kli.ac.at
Twitter: @kliaustria

Martinstraße 12
3400 Klosterneuburg, Austria
Phone: +43 2243 302740

To unsubscribe from the SIMSOC list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=SIMSOC&A=1