Mickey Sweeney (Dominican) has written a lot on Gawain and this (
https://kb.osu.edu/handle/1811/71351) on the girdle gift - might be useful?

*Dr Louise Hampson*

*Heritage Research and Partnerships Coordinator*

*The Centre for the Study of Christianity and Culture*

*Berrick Saul Building Room 122*

*University of York*

*York*

*YO10 5DD*