Hi Victoria,

We ran an Editathon<https://www.david-livingstone-trust.org/2019-10-black-history-month-wikipedia-editathon> as part of Black History Month here at the David Livingstone Birthplace Project. We didn’t focus on collections specifically but wanted to highlight the under-represented histories and stories of individuals who travelled and helped Livingstone in Southern Africa (which we are also highlighting as part of the museum redevelopment).

The links Lorna sent over are really helpful, and we’ve used them before too. Sara Thomas (Wikimedia UK) delivered training which was accessible to our range of volunteers and audiences. It was a great way to strengthen existing partnership links. We asked our Livingstone Online<https://www.livingstoneonline.org/> colleagues to take part and share their research. More on the Livingstone Online blog post here https://livingstoneonline.wordpress.com/2019/11/25/editathon-at-david-livingstone-birthplace-trust-for-black-history-month/ - our next one will hopefully be in March, for Women’s History Month.

The Wikipedia Editathon we organised in October was our first, and thanks to Sara’s training and support, it went really smoothly. If you’d like to chat more about what the process was like for us, please feel free to get in touch!

Best wishes,

Elena

Elena Trimarchi
Learning Manager
David Livingstone Birthplace Project
165 Station Road, Blantyre, G72 9BY
Registered charity number: SCO15490

Correspondence address:
Unit 2, Burgh Business Centre
75 King Street, Rutherglen, Glasgow, G73 1JS
T 0141 647 1428
E [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

[DLB_Logo_Final thumbnail]<david-livingstone-trust.org>[TNLHLF_Colour_Logo_English_RGB_0_0 thumbnail]