Happy New Year, all!

Just a reminder that we are inviting proposals for lightning talks and breakout sessions for the 10th anniversary LIS-Bibliometrics conference on Monday 2 March 2020 at the University of Leeds:

Lightning Talks

We would like to invite members to register their interest in presenting a lightning talk at the event. The theme for the event is “The Future of Research Evaluation” so we welcome lightning talks on all surrounding issues, such as national research evaluation exercises (e.g. REF), implementing responsible metrics principles/declarations, responsible metrics generally, assessing societal impact, changing research evaluation cultures and approaches to peer review. Each speaker will have five minutes to present and further time will be allowed for questions.

To express your interest in presenting a lightning talk, please email David Jenkins at [log in to unmask]  by Friday 10th January 2020, detailing the topic of your talk in a few sentences. The event committee will respond to expressions of interest after 10th January.

Breakout Sessions

Additionally we would like to invite members to register their interest in running one of the breakout sessions that will take place on the day, in the form of a workshop, a panel discussion or group of short presentations that must include opportunity for participants to contribute.

If you have an idea about running a 45min breakout session please contact Eva Nueno at [log in to unmask]  by Friday 10th January 2020. As they are running in parallel, we cannot guarantee that all breakout streams will be livestreamed. Ideas about themes that you would find interesting to find as a breakout session are also welcome. This could help us to commission breakout sessions in case there were no takers to the breakout session call.

Do get in touch, it would be great to hear your ideas!

Regards,

David.

cid:image005.png@01D348E2.378A5DE0

cid:image007.png@01D348E2.378A5DE0

David Jenkins | Senior Library Manager (acting) / Research Support Librarian

Library Services, Learning and Teaching Innovation

The Open University, Level 1, Betty Boothroyd Library, Walton Hall, Milton Keynes, MK7 6AA
Tel: +44 (0) 1908 653435

cid:image009.png@01D348E2.378A5DE0

Working days: Monday - Thursday

-- The Open University is incorporated by Royal Charter (RC 000391), an exempt charity in England & Wales and a charity registered in Scotland (SC 038302). The Open University is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority in relation to its secondary activity of credit broking.

To unsubscribe from the LIS-BIBLIOMETRICS list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=LIS-BIBLIOMETRICS&A=1