From: List for discussion of issues in museum education in the UK. <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Simon Watts <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: 22 January 2020 16:14
To: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: How do schools find you?

Laura,

I have had some success with cluster coordinators in the past.  I used a FOI request to the local Council to find out who these were and then approached them offering either to speak at meetings or asking them to distribute information.  This seemed to get past the dreaded school secretaries and get bookings.  Word of mouth is the most success and Facebook advertising has also helped.  Everyone knows a teacher and you find loads tagged in.

I second the suggestion that calls work better than mailshots but you really need a short sales pitch that secretaries can easily understand who your target subject / age range is.

Good luck.

Simon Watts

DNAire Community Engagement Manager

The Aire Rivers Trust I Kirkgate House, 30 Kirkgate, Shipley, BD18 3QN

07578 708025 I [log in to unmask]

www.aireriverstrust.org.uk I www.dnaire.org.uk

Watch Our Rivers: Recovery and Renewal - The story of our project

Triple logo