Many thanks for all of our responses and your help on this. Much appreciated.

Kind regards

Cheryl

Cheryl Tacchi |Data Protection and Risk Assurance Co-ordinator|

Derby College – The Roundhouse - Pride Park - Derby DE24 8JE

Direct line: 0300 1237890| Ext: 4890 |

DCG Logo black

I would like to ask advice on what information you share with parents and if you gain student consent to share student information with their parents?  We adopted the policy of always sharing attendance information but asking students to opt out during the enrolment process if they did not want their progression information sharing with their parents.  However, we want to review this as we appreciate that some parents could be frustrated by this but at the same time want to take into consideration the rights of the student.  We have always shared attendance information as attendance could potentially relate to safeguarding issues or concerns.

I would appreciate your feedback as to what you share with parents at your college.

Thanks, Cheryl

Cheryl Tacchi |Data Protection and Risk Assurance Co-ordinator|

Derby College – The Roundhouse - Pride Park - Derby DE24 8JE

Direct line: 0300 1237890| Ext: 4890 |

DCG Logo black

This electronic message contains information from Derby College which may be privileged and confidential.
The information is intended to be for the use of the individual(s) or entity named above.

If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this information is prohibited. Internet communications are not secure and therefore Derby College does not accept legal responsibility for the contents of this message. Any views or opinions presented are only those of the author and not those of Derby College.

If you have received this message in error, please reply to this message and include [log in to unmask] immediately.

All user commands can be found at https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/help/subscribers/subscribercommands.html and are sent in the body of an otherwise blank email to [log in to unmask]