I deal with a number of these each week, usually via deseat.me. There are
some that "require" us to respond via the website acting as a broker, but
for these we respond only to the individual if we can verify the email
address. I have received notices from some websites demanding we update
them, but I have simply responded that we will not provide information in
this way.

Deseat.me however, simply acts as an introductory service and from there you
respond with the requestor direct - it's really just a template service so
that people use the right language which is fair enough.

Charging is immaterial to us, if the individual wishes to pay, that's one
thing. However, no amount of demanding from a third party will convince me
to release the information through their system.

Simon.

Simon Howarth MSc. MBCS CITP CIPP/E

Director & Consultant, Data Protection Officer

The Information Edge

(Webtech Systems Limited)

Tel. +44 (0) 7836 365588

 <http://www.informationedge.co.uk/> www.the-ie.co.uk