Dear all,

The next BUCNI project presentation is scheduled for *Wednesday 26th
February 2020* in room 311, 26 Bedford Way 2:00-3:30pm.

If you would like to present, please send me back the attached proposal
form and slides (max 5) by *_Wednesday 19th February_**.* *Late
submissions will not be accepted.*

The purpose of these is to present the design of your experiment and get
feedback from the community in advance of scanning.

Presentations are strictly limited to 5 minutes. As a result, there are
a maximum of 5 slides: one title slide and four content slides. We
recommend skipping all background information except the question you’re
investigating. Focus your limited time on the design of the experiment
instead.

The final slide should list your hypotheses. For largely exploratory
studies it should at least describe the expected results in broad terms.
Exploration is important for science, but the experimental design should
be adequate for producing useful evidence.

Please include information about (i) the groups being tested, (ii) the
conditions, (iii) the baseline(s), (iv) the number of runs, (v) the
timing of blocks/events, (vi) the stimuli, etc. In short, everything
needed to evaluate the fMRI design.

*Please note that we have updated the proposal form (attached) and we
kindly ask you to use this version from now on.*
*
*
Best wishes,
Mike
**

--

Best wishes,
Mike Scopa

Working Hours:
Monday and Wednesday 10am-5pm; Thursday 10am-4:30pm

To leave the list, go to http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=bucni&A=1.