Yad Vashem (“A Memorial and a Name”), a museum in Israel, is determined to
commemorate Holocaust victims as individuals. In 1946 Sarah Friedlander, a
survivor of Bergen-Belsen, became the first director of its archive, which
documented Jews’ lives using testimonies from relatives. In 2004 Yad Vashem
published its database of victims online. Since then, it has grown from
2.7m people to 4.8m, thanks to digital analysis of the museum’s 210m
documents. The records include 736,000 murdered Jews who were sent to
Auschwitz.

https://econ.st/3aQvuSV
https://econ.st/3aQvuSV+

--