We are currently looking to appoint Trustees to the Board of the Alfred Gillett Trust, and would welcome enquiries from interested parties. Please find information about the Trust and details beneath.
Regards,
Tim.

Alfred Gillett Trust - Become a Trustee
The Alfred Gillett Trust is developing a new museum and archive in Street, Somerset, showcasing the heritage collections of world-renowned shoe business C & J Clark and the Clark family, who established the company in 1825.
The Trust, which looks after the company and family collections, is looking for two new trustees to help realise this vision for which we have secured £4 million in funding. This is an exciting and challenging opportunity to get involved in a capital project which will showcase some of the 100,000 objects in our collections, sharing the rich history of the town's shoe industry.

  *   Full Recruitment Information Pack & Application Form<https://alfredgilletttrust.files.wordpress.com/2020/01/agt-trustee-recruitment-information-pack.pdf>
  *   Application Form<https://alfredgilletttrust.files.wordpress.com/2020/01/trustee-application-form.docx>
  *   Charity Details<https://apps.charitycommission.gov.uk/Showcharity/RegisterOfCharities/CharityWithPartB.aspx?RegisteredCharityNumber=1165528&SubsidiaryNumber=0>
For an initial informal discussion please contact Natalie Watson<[log in to unmask]>, Director, at the Alfred Gillett Trust on 01458 444060.
Opportunities
The role of all trustees is to ensure that Trust acts in accordance with its articles of association as a charitable incorporated organisation (CIO), and as such operates within the framework of company and charity laws.
The trustees are responsible for Trusts governance, setting its strategy, policy, budget and standards, reviewing staff performance, managing risk and ensuring the charity's assets are used for their proper purposes, and that Trusts activities are in furtherance of its objects. The trustees delegate the day-to-day management of Trust to the Director and the Senior Management Team.
The Alfred Gillett Trust is looking for candidates with significant expertise in the following areas:

Finance
The board is responsible for public and charitably given funds. This requires meticulous oversight at both officer and board level to identify issues in advance, track spend, monitor budgets and liaise with Trusts staff, auditors and its principal funders. As such, it requires robust financial advice on Charity Commission requirements, SORP and public-sector accounting systems. With the Trust moving towards a new museum on the site an expertise in museum finance would be useful, including knowledge of Gift Aid and VAT, and the management of a system with constant incomings and outgoings. It is expected that the finance trustee will be a qualified accountant or have significant experience in this field.

Capital Development
The board is responsible for the operation of the Trust and its expansion to create a museum for the maintenance and preservation of the history and heritage of Street. It is also responsible for creating a permanent home for the care and display of the collections. As such, it requires advice on its capital development project, with clear oversight of planning, ensuring key milestones are met and expenditure is managed properly. This trustee will ideally have experience of managing a large heritage capital development project to successful fruition.

Fundraising
The board is responsible for delivering the new museum in the next five years. Central to the new museum's success will be identifying and developing new sources of funding, to complement the funding already received. As such the board requires strategic and detailed fundraising advice. It is expected that the fundraising trustee will have a substantial background as a senior charity fundraiser with a sound understanding and experience of fundraising at a strategic and operational level.
Downloads

  *   Full Recruitment Information Pack & Application Form<https://alfredgilletttrust.files.wordpress.com/2020/01/agt-trustee-recruitment-information-pack.pdf>
  *   Application Form<https://alfredgilletttrust.files.wordpress.com/2020/01/trustee-application-form.docx>
  *   Charity Details<https://apps.charitycommission.gov.uk/Showcharity/RegisterOfCharities/CharityWithPartB.aspx?RegisteredCharityNumber=1165528&SubsidiaryNumber=0>

Tim Crumplin I Business Archivist | Alfred Gillett Trust
The Grange I Farm Road I Street I Somerset I UK I BA16 0BQ
Email: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> I [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
Tel: 01458 444060 I Direct Dial: 01458 444062
Web: http://alfredgilletttrust.wordpress.com/

[cid:image015.gif@01D568C2.F7E323E0]

The Alfred Gillett Trust is a registered Charity. Registered number:1165528. Registered Office: The Grange, Farm Road, Street, Somerset, BA16 0BQ. The views expressed in this email are personal and may not necessarily reflect those of the Trust, unless explicitly stated otherwise. This email, and any files transmitted with it, are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error, please notify me immediately. If you are not the intended recipient of this email, you should not copy it for any purpose, or disclose its contents to any other person. This footnote also confirms that this email message has been swept by Symantec Endpoint Protection Small Business Edition for the presence of computer viruses. However, we cannot accept liability for viruses that may be in this email. We recommend that you check all emails with an appropriate virus scanner.