Hi All

Happy Christmas Eve

I came across a story in the Daily Mail that talked about a sepsis calculator that I did a search on last week. I managed to find the article in a journal called EClinical Medicine which appears to be a Lancet journal.

The original article (https://www.thelancet.com/journals/eclinm/article/PIIS2589-5370(19)30232-9/fulltext) is listed as first published on 22 Dec so would have missed my search by a few days. However, the article on searching appears to be undiscoverable except from the journal's own website.

According to the journal's website it indexes on Pubmed Central and the Directory of Open Access Journals, but the article is not yet on either. The journal does not appear on a journal title search on DOAJ.

I have tried searching for a few articles from older volumes of the journal, but can't find the in PMC.

Raises questions to me as to how the Daily Mail got the original article, whether this journal is reputable, and how these article are discoverable if they are not indexed in a location we would normally search.

If anyone has any insights or just ponderings I'd be glad to hear them.

Regards

Sarah

Sarah Rudd
Clinical Librarian
North Bristol NHS Trust

0117 414 7973

First Floor
Learning and Research
Southmead Hospital
Westbury-on-Trym
Bristol
BS10 5NB

[http://nbsvr16/sites/askhr/LearningandDevelopment/PublishingImages/Knowledgeshare%20logo.PNG]<http://nbsvr16/sites/askhr/LearningandDevelopment/Pages/Currentawareness.aspx>
Keep up to date with the latest evidence in your field. Find out more here<http://nbsvr16/sites/askhr/LearningandDevelopment/Pages/Currentawareness.aspx>.

DISCLAIMER: The information in this message is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee.  Access to this message by anyone else is unauthorised.  If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, or distribution of the message, or any action or omission taken by you in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful.  Please immediately contact the sender if you have received this message in error. Thank you.