** Cross – posted**
Come and join us!
The LIRG committee have currently an exciting opportunity to join the team in the role of Treasurer.
The Library and Information Research Group (LIRG) promotes the value of information research and links research with practice.
The group was formed in 1977 to bring together those interested in library and information research and became a Special Interest Group of CILIP in April 2003.  Our members include a wide range of practitioners and academics who are particularly interested in linking research with library practice.
Our activities include publication of the Library and Information Research Journal, events such as Writing for Publication and Writing Research Proposals.  We also have an active blog and twitter feed.
We meet up to four times a year to discuss committee business: once in person and the remainder online. Our current Treasurer is hoping to step down at end of  2019 and we  are therefore looking for an enthusiastic individual to take her place.
As Treasurer, your role would be to maintain LIRG's accounts, process all invoices and payments, provide annual accounts to CILIP, and present financial reports at our AGM. This is a great opportunity to develop your skills in budgeting and financial management, to meet interesting people from across the information profession, and to gain valuable experience in decision-making, time management and report writing.
We are looking for someone who is numerate, familiar with Excel, a good communicator and well-organised. You need to be a member of CILIP or be willing to join. Please note that this is a voluntary role, with reasonable travel expenses paid for.
Full training will be provided by our current Treasurer. You would also be required to attend a training session at CILIP’s headquarters in London.
For more information about the role and requirements, please contact our current Treasurer Kath Wright ([log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>).
To be considered for the role please send  brief CV and statement of your suitability for the role to LIRG Chair.  Alison Brettle – [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> by the end of December 2019.

Fariba Bannerman MSc MCLIP
Library and Information Research Group committee | Marketing and external communication
Web: lirg.org.uk

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Alder Hey Children s Hospital NHS Foundation Trust. This e-mail may contain confidential and/or proprietary Trust information some or all of which may be legally privileged. It is for the intended recipient only. If any addressing or transmission error has misdirected this e-mail, please notify the author by replying to this e-mail and destroy any copies. If you are not the intended recipient you must not use, disclose, distribute, copy, print, or rely on this e-mail.

The information contained in this email may be subject to public disclosure under the Freedom of Information Act 2000. Unless the information is legally exempt from disclosure, the confidentiality of this e-mail and your reply cannot be guaranteed. The Trust may monitor outgoing and incoming e-mails and other telecommunications on its e-mail and telecommunications systems. By replying to this e-mail you give your consent to such monitoring.