Residential Awards at the British School at Rome

for Early Career Researchers in the Humanities and Social Sciences

2020-21

Applications are invited for a number of residencies, suitable for early career scholars (at postgraduate and in particular early post-doctoral level) who can demonstrate a need to be in Rome to undertake their research.  They are for research on any aspect of the social, religious, political and economic cultures of the Italian peninsula, and their wider textual, visual and material dissemination and reception, from early prehistory to the modern period. These awards offer membership of a vibrant multidisciplinary research community, a varied and international events programme, accommodation in our residence, food, 24-hour access to our historic library collection and, for most early career scholars, a research grant. They are tenable for three or nine months.

APPLICATION DEADLINE:  16 January 2020

‘Being at the BSR has opened up my horizons to new forms and areas of research. My award has played an incomparable role in my development as an academic researcher’

‘The many rich conversations with fellows, staff and awardees opened up new perspectives in my research … [The BSR] really is an ideal place to access the wealth of Rome’s resources and to meet very interesting and friendly people with whom to discuss work and exchange ideas … The sustained opportunity for collaboration – one of the BSR’s many assets – has benefitted my work enormously, also opening up unexpected avenues for future projects … As well as being incredibly rich and productive, my residency has been most enjoyable’

‘[The most important benefits of time in Rome were] TIME and FREEDOM. I cannot thank the BSR enough for giving me the time and freedom from responsibilities to just sit and think about my research and where I wanted it to go … As a result of this freedom, my research has developed in totally unexpected but really exciting ways’

We should be grateful if you could bring these opportunities to the attention of colleagues and (former) students.

For further details (including eligibility criteria) and application forms, please visit

http://www.bsr.ac.uk/awards/humanities-awards

Please visit our research page to learn more about our research

http://www.bsr.ac.uk/research

Dr Gill Clark  |  Registrar
British School at Rome, 10 Carlton House Terrace, London SW1Y 5AH, UK
T +44 (0)20 7969 5202  |  E  [log in to unmask]

Website | Facebook | Instagram Twitter | WordPress | YouTube

The British School at Rome is a charity registered in England and Wales (no. 314176)

The British School at Rome’s Privacy Policy can be viewed at http://www.bsr.ac.uk/privacy-policy

This message is sent in confidence for the addressee only. It may contain legally privileged information. The contents are not to be disclosed to anyone other than the addressee. Unauthorised recipients must preserve this confidentiality and should please advise the sender immediately of the error in transmission.

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. Please Read our privacy notice

********************************************************************** To join the list, send the message: subscribe italian-studies YOUR NAME to: [log in to unmask] To send a message to the list, address it to: [log in to unmask] To leave the list, send the message: unsubscribe italian-studies to: [log in to unmask] In order to report problems or to contact the list's owners, write to: [log in to unmask] For further information, visit our web site: http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/italian-studies