Dear all,

Apologies for re-posting, but my earlier email accidentally got cut off.
Here's the call again, this time with all text included!

Best wishes,
Cait

Call for Papers: Special Issue of the Journal of Fandom Studies on Archives
and Special Collections

Abstract submissions are invited for a special issue of the Journal of
Fandom Studies. This issue will focus on archives and special collections
relevant to scholars of fan studies. Topics addressed might include
profiles of institutional collections with primers for use, research,
archiving and curatorial practices performed by fans, and archival and
archontic theory.

Other possible topics include:

   -

   Historical perspectives on collecting fan material in libraries and
   archives
   -

   Race, gender, and queerness in fan collections and in library subject
   indexing
   -

   Logistical and ethical issues of access to fan materials
   -

   Current research and collecting gaps in the documentary record

Contributors may also submit short profiles (500 words) of relevant
institutional collections with curatorial contact information as part of a
special Research Guide section of this issue.

All articles submitted should be original work and must not be under
consideration by other publications.

Please send abstracts of 250 words (including a title and keywords) with
biographical statements of 100 words to Cait Coker ([log in to unmask]) and
Jeremy Brett ([log in to unmask]) by February 28, 2020. If accepted,
contributions should be no longer than 9000 words, including notes and
references, with completed drafts expected in October 2020.