Daren Fitzhenry has been Scotland’s Information Commissioner for a little over two years, a time during which freedom of information (FoI) has been an unusually hot topic.

Since his appointment in October 2017 the question of whether the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act of 2002 (FOISA) works as well as it should has been the subject of debate, both in parliament and outwith it.

Journalists have raised concerns about the way the Scottish Government interprets and implements the law when responding to information requests. Meanwhile local authorities have warned that an ever-increasing number of requests is becoming a strain on their resources.

http://bit.ly/2PZXBp4
http://bit.ly/2PZXBp4+

--
Peterk