*With apologies for cross-posting*

Dear all,

We are pleased to announce the call for papers for the Graduate Archaeology at Oxford conference (GAO) 2020, Innovative Approaches to Archaeology (23rd - 25th March 2020).

The GAO2020 will encompass the current state of research in ArchaeologyWith the term innovative, we refer to the capacity to engage with methodological approaches, theoretical paradigms, and new research to provide crucial insights in the field.

We look forward to receiving contributions on the following thematic sessions:

  • Investigating Materiality and Material Interactions: Challenging Approaches and Novel Frontiers.
  • Matters of Scaling in Archaeology: Local, Regional, and Global perspectives, Connectivity and Networks.
  • The Archaeologies of Colonial Encounters.
  • Reconstructing Ancient Landscapes: Landmarks, Soundscapes, and Skyscapes.
  • New Directions in the Use of Science-based Techniques on Archaeological Materials.
  • Innovative Approaches in Maritime and Underwater Archaeology: Past and Present.

The deadline for the abstract submission (for papers and posters) is 12th February 2020.

For further info, contact the organisers on [log in to unmask] or follow us on the GAO2020 website and Facebook.

With warm regards,

Marcella Giobbe,

DPhil in Classical Archaeology,

University College, University of Oxford.

Emanuele Prezioso,

DPhil in Archaeology,

Keble College, University of Oxford.

To unsubscribe from the ARCHAEOBOTANY list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=ARCHAEOBOTANY&A=1