Hello

We have had a query from one of our departments and have drawn a blank for ideas within our team, so wondering if anyone can help?

"As part of the DecarboN8 network on transport<https://decarbon8.org.uk/>, the Management Group would like to run an Equality, Diversity and Inclusion session in January.  They are looking for someone who might be able to speak about these issues for an hour or two in a research context.

With regards to what the session would need to focus on, there are two key areas they could do with making sure they are to speed in thinking about:

1)       How to best maximise and monitor the inclusivity, accessibility and diversity of our network: mainly with regards to our events and funding, but also any blind spots to be aware of, in particular with engaging ethnic communities

2)       EDI issues relevant to decarbonising transport which we should be bearing in mind and raising awareness of through the network

If you have any suggestions on who we might be able to invite to speak about these things, it would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

Paul

Paul Marks-Jones (he/him)| Equality, Diversity & Inclusion Partner | G.035 John Owens Building | The University of Manchester| Oxford Road | Manchester M13 9PL | T: 0161 306 5878
Please note my work days are Monday - Thursday
[stw-top-100-employer-2019-blackemail]
[Twitter]<https://www.twitter.com/uomeandd>[facebook]<https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/The-University-of-Manchester-Equality-Diversity/575075882540827?fref=ts>[forsigthinkdifferentlyEDRGB (3)]