Dear all,

We are delighted to announce the release of our Synergistic Image Reconstruction Framework (SIRF) Version 2.1.0.

The main changes of the 2.1.0 release are the interfacing of the HKEM reconstruction algorithm from STIR, added capability to write DICOM images from MRI output and handling 3D MR Cartesian sequences. At the Python level SIRF is now compatible with CCPi CIL optimisation software. We also updated the versions of a number of dependency, e.g. ISMRMRD, STIR and NiftyReg.

A complete list of changes can be found in our CHANGES<https://github.com/CCPPETMR/SIRF/blob/v2.1.0/CHANGES.md> file.

Please visit http://www.ccppetmr.ac.uk/softwareframework.html for further information and links, including a list with our planned timelines.

We remind you that we supply a Virtual Machine (using Oracle VirtualBox 6.0.14) with Python bindings pre-installed, a Docker container, and procedures for those who want to build the software natively, which should work on Linux and Mac (native installation on Windows is possible but still difficult at present unfortunately).

For those of you who have the previous SIRF 1.x VM, please note that it is not straightforward to upgrade it to SIRF 2.x (due to updated requirements of the dependencies). If you really need this, please send email to our mailing list.

Please try it out and let us know, by mailing to [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>, whether it worked for you and provide feedback.

Finally, we now also have a DOI for the software, see 10.5281/zenodo.3552234<https://doi.org/10.5281/zenodo.3552234>. Instructions on how to cite this will be on our website in the near future. A SIRF paper is in preparation.

Our Best Regards,

On behalf of the CCPPETMR Developers

--
Edoardo Pasca, PhD