This might help you: http://starlink.eao.hawaii.edu/docs/sun95.htx/sun95se12.html#x13-950001

You need to understand the difference between PIXEL and GRID coordinate frames.

On Wed, Nov 6, 2019 at 4:21 PM Helen Kirk <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Hi Sarah,

Ah, thanks!  I did not think to look near the centre of the image when adding something in at 1,1, but I do see the changed pixel now.  (Interestingly, it doesn't show up in gaia's maximum pixel value listing, which I was using as a second indicator of whether the change had worked.)

If you have some insight as to how I convert from pixel coordinates in gaia to pixel coordinates in kappa (when you are at the right computer), that would be really helpful for me to figure out how to code up what I'm eventually trying to do with chpix.

thanks very much to you and Malcolm for all of your help!

Helen