SOM responded to the health is everyone's business consultation at: https://www.som.org.uk/som-response-government-consultation-health-everyones-business and article at https://www.personneltoday.com/hr/som-welcomes-consultations-focus-on-occupational-health/ <https://www.personneltoday.com/hr/som-welcomes-consultations-focus-on-occupational-health/> . We also published a report on the OH workforce at https://www.som.org.uk/future-occupational-health-workforce
For world mental health day last month, we hosted an event on lone workers and the precariat with the British Psychological Society introduced by the Lord Mayor, at Mansion House. A news item related to the day was published at https://www.som.org.uk/world-mental-health-day-2019-focus-suicide-prevention. We also held special interest groups on OH management, drugs and alcohol and OH Technicians and launched new materials on the menopause at https://www.som.org.uk/work-and-health/information-healthcare-professionals
This month we have a round table on sleep and work supported by the Sleep Council, and a Vocational Rehabilitation special interest group and an OH marketing and brand special interest group meeting (contact me if you wish to attend).
Nick Pahl | CEO
SOM
Supporting occupational health and wellbeing professionals

2 St Andrews Place | London | NW1 4LB Tel 0203 9104537

OCC-HEALTH ARCHIVES:

CONFERENCES AND STUDY DAYS: