I was not aware of this book until the author contacted me earlier
this week it is a superb piece of  research of a colliery  that closed just
after nationalisation.

Author: Clive Reed, Hb, 288pp, 300 x 290, 197 images colour and Black and
White Tareni Colliery 1902 - 1949, A history of a mining enterprise in The
Swansea Valley £30

This is the complete history of a coalmine in Cwmtawe, the Swansea Valley,
the author who is not a mining but worked in heavy engineering and lived
within the community all his life. Describes the mine, the trades, the
communities around this valley.and the village of Rhos The mine was closed
after nationalisation in 1949 and is therefore not included in Steve
Grudgings book of a similar area

Mike
--
https://www.moorebooks.co.uk/   tel 01952 405105
Snailbeach and Tankerville Mines see http://shropshiremines.org.uk/

If you need to leave the list, send the following message to [log in to unmask] -

leave mining-history
---------